Monday, April 2, 2012

Creativity and Motivation

Keeping motivated is an important part of creative work.  I've been away to a conference, and I've had problems with keeping up with this blog.  However, I have made several notes along the way.  I do have several ideas about keeping motivated with creative projects.  
1.) Try to stay with a strict schedule.  For instance, I try to spend one hour a day either reading or writing about creativity.  While I was away, I did read some, and I wrote a lot in my journal.  
2.) Routinely schedule a specific time a day to work on creativity.  This does not work for everyone.  I usually do better in the mornings when I'm a lone and I have fewer disruptions.  In the evenings, I tend to have more disruptions:  meetings, the TV is usally on, etc.  Some may find scheduling a specific time as too stifling.  I can understand that.  But, I usually have busy days.  So, I have to schedule time or I won't get to it.  
3.) Reward yourself.  Believe it or not this is not easy for me.  My reward is usually food related.  I'm trying to eat healthier.  So, I'm trying to find new ways to reward myself besides food.    

No comments:

Post a Comment